Friday, June 8, 2012

NAIL BUNNY, the Earrings

Over the past week I decided to fashion myself a nice little pair of earrings out of clay to get a feel for the stuff. I'm thinking of making a few different kinds and selling them online or when I get a booth to sell my art. If you're interested in a pair let me know. I'll be happy to make you a pair for a small fee.
First thing's First mold the clay. The bunny is lying on top of a copy of one of my favorite comic books, Johnny the Homicidal Maniac.
Next it was time to start adding some detail which I did with a metal nail file. It worked allot better than anything else I tried using. Than I inserted the bent nail into his stomach and had to rearrange some of the clay that was disturbed.

After all that I added the earrings into its head (which I should have done in the first place). After I completed the first one this was the first step for completing the second earring. Next I baked them. This is a before and after shot of them. The baking actually turned it a nice skin tone.

Finally The paint job. I still need to glaze them but I'm all out at the moment. I'm also going to add some chain to the earrings so they dangle a bit more. Thus my ail bunny earrings are complete.








No comments:

Post a Comment